This Pathology Update in Beaver Creek course is designed to provide a comprehensive and practical update of diagnostic pathology. Lectures and cases will cover evidence-based practice techniques and protocols for improved diagnostic accuracy.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to
- Improve the quality of diagnostic and consulting skills
- Discuss drug-induced liver injury
- Provide insights and strategies for rendering difficult diagnoses in GI pathology and in the frozen section room
- Identify conditions to consider before surgical pathology subspecialty sign-out
- Achieve a better understanding of the staging challenges of GYN Endometrial Adenocarcinoma
- Describe recent advances in diagnosing Prostate Genitourinary Cancer
- Apply quality improvement strategies with a focus on increasing efficiency, communication, and collaboration.
- Describe the common challenges in interpreting Kidney Genitourinary Cancer
The course is designed for practicing pathologists, pathologists-in-training, surgeons, oncologists, and other health-care professionals interested in understanding the principles underlying the formulation of a histopathologic diagnosis.